Newspread.ng may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27th March 2023.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name, your email address and contact details, communication preferences, and customer history).
Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website), specifically: (i). Your IP address through the placement of cookies; and (ii). Location data might be gained through your IP address or GPS data.
How we use your information
When we seek your permission. Often we will be using your information in accordance with your specific consent or instructions: for example, because you have requested or consented to receive certain information.
Other uses of your information are made for ordinary and transparent purposes which we think are necessary for our legitimate interests as a provider of news, content, and other services (including when working with Our Brands). We use your information on this basis to do the following:
(1) Recognise and remember you when you visit our website and better understand how you use our website and others by using cookies to follow your use.
(2) Analyze how you use our website and serve you with advertisements based on your interests.
(3) Keep you updated on any services you have subscribed to.
(4) Contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and prize draws you have entered.
(5) Make sure materials on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device.
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and monitor website usage.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing.